GPS sports band address top consumer requests, making it easier to incorporate fitness into any lifestyle
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd continued its expansion in the fitness wearable market today with the global unveiling of the Gear Fit2. Each product is designed with consumers’ fitness needs in mind, and includes features such as precise tracking technology and a standalone music player to provide users with the optimal fitness experience.
The Gear Fit2 features an embedded GPS and a heart rate monitor (HRM) that offer accurate and robust fitness tracking and measurement, while providing instant feedback on the user’s workout. The Gear Fit2 are optimized to benefit users’ various fitness levels, whether they are training for a marathon or taking a daily stroll through the neighborhood.
“Living a healthy lifestyle is a top priority for consumers to enjoy fulfilling lives. Our wearable technology can enhance existing routines and blend fitness and fun. The Gear Fit2 are specialized to easily address these needs, ultimately allowing users to get more out of their fitness experiences and everyday activities,” said Younghee Lee, Executive Vice President of Global Marketing, Mobile Communications Business at Samsung Electronics.
Gear Fit2: Advanced Features for Fitness
- Features an ergonomic, sleek and slim design for comfortable everyday use
- Provides a Super AMOLED curved display with a high-resolution color touchscreen for easy fitness monitor, or checking and responding to text message notifications
- Embedded GPS and HRM sensor for accurate data tracking of activities that fit any lifestyle
- With Auto Activity Tracking feature, users won’t have to manually activate the sports band – whether running, walking, cycling, or utilizing rowing machine or elliptical trainer
- Enables easy transfer of fitness data between S Health and other select fitness applications, and provides ‘Step Challenges,’ for 1:1 competition with your friends
- The standalone music player enables users to actively workout with motivation without the need of a mobile device
|Samsung Gear Fit2 Specifications: Display||1.5”, Curved Super AMOLED 216 x 432|
|Chipset||Dual Core (1 GHz)|
|Memory||512 MB (RAM) / 4 GB Storage|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth® v 4.2|
|Sensor||Accelerometer, Gyro, HRM, Built-in GPS, Barometer|
|Dimension||24.5 (W) x 51.2 (D) mm|
|Compatibility||Android 4.4/ RAM 1.5 GB|
|Additional Features||Notifications (SNS, call, email, applications, schedule)|
|Black, blue and pink|
|Small (Size of the wrist: 125 ~ 170mm)
Large (Size of the wrist: 155 ~ 210mm)
|IP68 certified (up to 30 minutes in up to 1.5m of water)|
|Standalone music player|
|Audio||Audio formats: MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, M4A, AMR, AWB, OGG, OGA, 3GA|
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. http://www.samsung.com